Skip to search formSkip to main content
You are currently offline. Some features of the site may not work correctly.

3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A

Known as: Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA, S-(hydrogen 3-hydroxy-3-methylpentanedioate) coenzyme A, HMG-CoA 
An intermediate for the synthesis of mevalonic acid, ketone bodies and cholesterol and a metabolic product for leucine; it can be formed de novo from… Expand
National Institutes of Health

Papers overview

Semantic Scholar uses AI to extract papers important to this topic.
Review
Review
Despite major advances in recent years, immunosuppressive regimens for multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus… Expand
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
OBJECTIVE In addition to inducing a self-limited myopathy, statin use is associated with an immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • figure 4
  • table 2
Is this relevant?
Review
Review
SummaryThe enzyme 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase catalyzes the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonate, a… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • table 1
  • figure 3
  • figure 4
Is this relevant?
Review
Review
The 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitors or statins are potent inhibitors of cholesterol biosynthesis… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
BACKGROUND Oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) causes endothelial dysfunction in part by decreasing the availability of… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • figure 4
  • figure 5
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HMGR) catalyzes the irreversible conversion of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl… Expand
  • figure 1
  • table I
  • table 111
  • table IV
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Tocotrienols are natural farnesylated analogues of tocopherols which decrease hepatic cholesterol production and reduce plasma… Expand
  • figure 1
  • table I
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • table I
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Mevinolin, a fungal metabolite, was isolated from cultures of Aspergillus terreus. The structure and absolute configuration of… Expand
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The two compounds compactin and ML-236B are identical fungal metabolites isolated from strains of Penicilliunz brevicompactum and… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • table I
  • figure 4
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The activity of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (EC 1.1.1.34), the rate-limiting enzyme of hepatic cholesterol… Expand
Is this relevant?