Skip to search formSkip to main content
You are currently offline. Some features of the site may not work correctly.

4-Aminobutyrate aminotransferase

Known as: GABA Transaminase, Ketoglutarate Aminotransferase, beta-Alanine, Aminotransferase, GABA-alpha-Ketoglutarate 
An enzyme that converts brain gamma-aminobutyric acid (GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID) into succinate semialdehyde, which can be converted to succinic acid… Expand
National Institutes of Health

Papers overview

Semantic Scholar uses AI to extract papers important to this topic.
Review
Review
The three branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are the most hydrophobic of the amino acids and play crucial roles in determining… Expand
Review
Review
Abstract4-Aminobutyrate aminotransferase (GABA-transaminase, GABA-T, EC 2.6.1.19) deficiency (McKusick 137150), an inborn error… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Lipid A molecules of certain Gram-negative bacteria, including Salmonella typhimurium and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, may contain… Expand
  • table I
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • figure 4
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Nicotianamine aminotransferase (NAAT), the key enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of mugineic acid family phytosiderophores (MAs… Expand
  • table I
  • table II
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 4
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
  • W. Löscher
  • Journal of neurochemistry
  • Corpus ID: 27684981
Abstract: Four catalytic inhibitors of GABA aminotransferase (gabaculine, γ‐acetylenic GABA, γ‐vinyl GABA, ethanolamine O… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract Since most previous studies on brain mitochondria have used a relatively crude preparation, a method was developed for… Expand
  • table I
  • figure 1
  • table II
  • figure 3
  • figure 2
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Our attention was drawn to the possibility of studying enzyme induction in tissue culture by a brief report from Pitot et al.1… Expand
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • figure 5
  • figure 7
  • table 1
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
In 1956 Mauzerall and Granick (1) published a method for the calorimetric determination of a-aminoketones that depended on… Expand
  • table I
  • table II
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • table III
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The enol tautomers of the aromatic oc-keto acids combine instantaneously and reversibly with borate to form complexes of a mixed… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • table II
  • table I
  • figure 4
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The biological conversion of d-isocitric to a-ketoglutaric acid was established by the work of Martius and others (1-4). Adler et… Expand
  • table I
  • figure I
  • figure 2
  • table II
  • figure 3