Skip to search formSkip to main content
You are currently offline. Some features of the site may not work correctly.

2-iodomelatonin

Known as: Acetamide, N-(2-(2-iodo-5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)ethyl)-, (3beta)-, N-(2-(2-iodo-5-methoxy-IH-indol-3-yl)ethyl)acetamide 

National Institutes of Health

Papers overview

Semantic Scholar uses AI to extract papers important to this topic.
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Potential modulatory effects of melatonin on the proliferation of androgen‐sensitive LNCaP and androgen‐insensitive PC‐3 and DU… Expand
Review
Review
We have investigated the photic regulation of melatonin receptors both at the level of binding capacity and mt1 mRNA expression… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 4
  • figure 5
  • figure 6
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The neurohormone melatonin is a key agent in synchronizing the circadian rhythms. At least three types of binding sites have been… Expand
  • table 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 1
  • figure 3
  • table 2
2[125I]Iodomelatonin binding sites were identified in the mucosa of the human colon from Chinese patients with carcinoma of the… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
2-[125I]Iodomelatonin was found to bind specifically to the membrane preparations of the spleens of guinea pigs with high… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Melatonin binding sites were localized and characterized in the vasculature of the rat by using the melatonin analogue 2-[125I… Expand
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 4
  • figure 3
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The binding and pharmacological characteristics of the melatonin site labeled by the radioligand 2-[125I]iodomelatonin in chicken… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
2-[125I]Iodomelatonin binds with high affinity to a site possessing the pharmacological characteristics of a melatonin receptor… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Binding of 2-[125I]iodomelatonin in hamster brain synaptosomal membranes at 0 degrees C is rapid, saturable, reversible and… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Synthetic melatonin was iodinated by treatment with potassium iodide in the presence of an oxidizing agent, Iodo-Gen. The… Expand