6-Aminonicotinamide

Known as: 6-Aminonicotinamide [Chemical/Ingredient], 6-AN, 6 Aminonicotinamide 
A synthetic analogue and nicotinamide antagonist with cytotoxic properties, 6-Aminonicotinamide forms an abnormal NAD (ubiquitous metabolic pathway… (More)
National Institutes of Health

Papers overview

Semantic Scholar uses AI to extract papers important to this topic.
UNLABELLED The mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is hyperactive in many human cancers and in tuberous sclerosis… (More)
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Increased oxidative stress is a known cause of cardiac dysfunction in animals and patients with diabetes, but the sources of… (More)
  • table 2
  • table 1
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
Is this relevant?
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
In the failing heart, NADPH oxidase and uncoupled NO synthase utilize cytosolic NADPH to form superoxide. NADPH is supplied… (More)
  • table 1
  • table 2
  • figure 1
  • figure 2
  • figure 4
Is this relevant?
The aim was to exploit simultaneous inhibition of glycolytic and pentose phosphate pathways of energy production for… (More)
Is this relevant?
6-aminonicotinamide (6-AN) is a niacin antagonist, which leads to degeneration of gray matter astrocytes mainly in the brainstem… (More)
Is this relevant?
6-Aminonicotinamide (6-AN) is a niacin antagonist, which leads to degeneration of gray matter astrocytes. Metallothionein 1+2 (MT… (More)
Is this relevant?
The pyridine nucleotide 6-aminonicotinamide (6AN) was shown recently to sensitize a number of human tumor cell lines to cisplatin… (More)
Is this relevant?
The nicotinamide analogue 6-aminonicotinamide (6AN) is presently undergoing evaluation as a potential modulator of the action of… (More)
  • figure I
  • figure 2
  • figure 3
  • table 1
  • figure 4
Is this relevant?
The cerebral distribution of metallothioneins I and II (MT-I + II) was studied in adult rats subjected to i.p. injection with the… (More)
Is this relevant?
Focal areas of primary demyelination were produced in the spinal cords of rats by means of local injections of 6… (More)
Is this relevant?