Skip to search formSkip to main content
You are currently offline. Some features of the site may not work correctly.

3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid

Known as: VMA cpd 
National Institutes of Health

Papers overview

Semantic Scholar uses AI to extract papers important to this topic.
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract The catecholamine metabolites 3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid (VMA) and 3-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylacetic acid (HVA) were… Expand
  • table 1
  • table 3
  • table 4
  • table 5
  • table 7
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract Normetanephrine-H 3 injected into the cisterna magna of rats is rapidly metabolized and disappears from brain with an… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract Urinary excretion of 3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid (VMA), the major metabolite of norepinephrine, was measured in… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
The vascular bed of dog musculus gracilis in situ was perfused with blood at a constant flow rate. Infused H3-noradrenaline was… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract A specific method is described for the quantitative determination of 3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic (MOMA) acid in normal… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Abstract A precise and reliable method for the determination of 3-methoxy-4-hydroxy-mandelic acid (VMA) is described. This method… Expand
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
This study concerns the urinary excretion of norepinephrine (NE), cpinephrine (E) and 3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid (VMA) in 5… Expand
Highly Cited
Review
Review
  • J. Axelrod
  • Physiological reviews
  • Corpus ID: 17683153
HE PHYSIOLOGICAL ACTIONS of epinephrine and other sympathomimetic amines are well established, yet the metabolism of these… Expand
  • figure I
  • figure 2
  • table I
  • figure 3
  • figure 5
Highly Cited
Highly Cited
Many studies in vitro have implicated cytochrome oxidase and monoamine oxidase in the metabolism of epinephrine and other… Expand
  • table I
  • figure 1
  • table III
  • table IV
  • table V