Using Academy Awards to Predict Success of Bollywood Movies using Machine Learning Algorithms

@article{Masih2019UsingAA,
  title={Using Academy Awards to Predict Success of Bollywood Movies using Machine Learning Algorithms},
  author={Salman Masih and Imran Ihsan},
  journal={International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications},
  year={2019},
  volume={10}
}
  • Salman Masih, Imran Ihsan
  • Published 2019
  • Computer Science
  • International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications
Motion Picture Production has always been a risky and pricey venture. Bollywood alone has released approximately 120 movies in 2017. It is disappointing that only 8% of the movies have made to box office and the remaining 92% failed to return the total cost of production. Studies have explored several determinants that make a motion picture success at box office for Hollywood movies including academy awards. However, same can’t be said for Bollywood movies as there is significantly less… Expand

References

SHOWING 1-10 OF 24 REFERENCES
PREDICTING THE FINANCIAL SUCCESS OF HOLLYWOOD MOVIES USING AN INFORMATION FUSION APPROACH
Predicting box-office success of motion pictures with neural networks
Pre-production forecasting of movie revenues with a dynamic artificial neural network
Early Predictions of Movie Success: The Who, What, and When of Profitability
Does Movie soundtrack Matter? The Role of soundtrack in Predicting Movie Revenue
Modeling Movie Life Cycles and Market Share
Influence of social media on performance of movies
  • Shruti, S. Roy, W. Zeng
  • Computer Science
  • 2014 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW)
  • 2014
...
1
2
3
...