Ultrastructural organization of the noradrenergic innervation of the superficial gray layer of the hamster's superior colliculus.

@article{Arce1994UltrastructuralOO,
  title={Ultrastructural organization of the noradrenergic innervation of the superficial gray layer of the hamster's superior colliculus.},
  author={E Alberto Arce and Carol A. Bennett-Clarke and Robert W. Rhoades},
  journal={Synapse},
  year={1994},
  volume={18 1},
  pages={
          46-54
        }
}
Immunocytochemistry with an antibody-directed tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) was combined with electron microscopy and serial-section analysis to examine the synaptic organization of the catecholaminergic projection to the stratum griseum superficiale (SGS) of the hamster's superior colliculus (SC). A total of 250 TH-immunoreactive profiles within SGS were examined. Of these, 114 (45.6%) made synaptic contacts; 81 (71.1%) were axodendritic, and the remainder (33, 28.9%) were axo-axonic. Serial… CONTINUE READING