Transnasal and standard transoral endoscopies in the screening of gastric mucosal neoplasias.

@article{Nakata2011TransnasalAS,
  title={Transnasal and standard transoral endoscopies in the screening of gastric mucosal neoplasias.},
  author={Hiroya Nakata and Shotaro Enomoto and Takao Maekita and Izumi Inoue and Kazuki Ueda and Hisanobu Deguchi and Naoki Shingaki and Kosaku Moribata and Yoshimasa Maeda and Yoshiyuki Mori and Mikitaka Iguchi and Hideyuki Tamai and Nobutake Yamamichi and Mitsuhiro Fujishiro and Jun Kato and Masao Ichinose},
  journal={World journal of gastrointestinal endoscopy},
  year={2011},
  volume={3 8},
  pages={162-70}
}
AIM To compare the diagnostic performances of transnasal and standard transoral esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) in gastric cancer screening of asymptomatic healthy subjects. METHODS Between January 2006 and March 2010, a total of 3324 subjects underwent examination of the upper gastrointestinal tract by EGD for cancer screening, with 1382 subjects (41.6%) screened by transnasal EGD and the remaining 1942 subjects (58.4%) by standard transoral EGD. Clinical profiles of the screened subjects… CONTINUE READING