The use of Hugin® to develop Bayesian networks as an aid to integrated water resource planning

@article{Bromley2005TheUO,
  title={The use of Hugin® to develop Bayesian networks as an aid to integrated water resource planning},
  author={John Bromley and Nick A. Jackson and O. J. Clymer and Anna Maria Giacomello and Finn Verner Jensen},
  journal={Environmental Modelling and Software},
  year={2005},
  volume={20},
  pages={231-242}
}
Abstract Integrated management is the key to the sustainable development of Europe's water resources. This means that decisions need to be taken in the light of not only environmental considerations, but also their economic, social, and political impacts; it also requires the active participation of stakeholders in the decision making process. The problem is to find a practical way to achieve these aims. One approach is to use Bayesian networks (Bns): networks allow a range of different factors… CONTINUE READING

Similar Papers

Figures, Tables, Results, and Topics from this paper.

Key Quantitative Results

  • 7 shows that for a 40 l tank there is an 80% probability that the saving will be 20%, which translates to a saving of 6e8 l per person per day using the calculation described above.

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 119 CITATIONS

Applications of Bayesian belief networks in water resource management: A systematic review

  • Environmental Modelling and Software
  • 2016
VIEW 8 EXCERPTS
CITES BACKGROUND & METHODS
HIGHLY INFLUENCED

Guidelines for Good Practice in Bayesian Network Modelling

VIEW 4 EXCERPTS
CITES BACKGROUND & METHODS
HIGHLY INFLUENCED

Influence diagrams as decision-making tools for pesticide risk management.

  • Integrated environmental assessment and management
  • 2012
VIEW 3 EXCERPTS
CITES BACKGROUND
HIGHLY INFLUENCED

FILTER CITATIONS BY YEAR

2005
2019

CITATION STATISTICS

  • 12 Highly Influenced Citations

  • Averaged 3 Citations per year over the last 3 years

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 20 REFERENCES