The history, antecedents and progress of the Mount Vernon Centre for Plastic Surgery and Jaw Injuries, Northwood, Middlesex 1939-1983.

@article{Dawson1988TheHA,
  title={The history, antecedents and progress of the Mount Vernon Centre for Plastic Surgery and Jaw Injuries, Northwood, Middlesex 1939-1983.},
  author={Robert L. Dawson},
  journal={British journal of plastic surgery},
  year={1988},
  volume={41 1},
  pages={
          83-91
        }
}
The Mount Vernon Centre for Plastic Surgery and Jaw Injuries was the successor of the Unit at Hill End Hospital, St Albans. This Unit had been formed with Rainsford Mowlem as its chief, in 1939 at the outbreak of war, and was one of the four plastic surgery units serving the metropolis, the others being Stoke Mandeville, Park Prewitt at Basingstoke and Queen Mary’s at Roehampton. Later, the Canadian Wing at the Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, was built and subsequently Archie McIndoe… CONTINUE READING
BETA