The Hospital for the Ruptured and Crippled: Knight to Gibney, 1870–1887

@article{Levine2005TheHF,
  title={The Hospital for the Ruptured and Crippled: Knight to Gibney, 1870–1887},
  author={David B. Levine},
  journal={HSS Journal},
  year={2005},
  volume={2},
  pages={1-6}
}
In 1870, R&C moved to its second site on the corner of Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street. A newly constructed building designed by a specialist in ecclesiastical architecture became the home of a 200-bed children's hospital planned entirely by Dr. James Knight, founder of the hospital and its first Surgeon-in-Chief. Expansion of the facilities and of the professional staff, although needed and welcomed, brought new challenges, changes, and conflicts. The root of these was to lie in the complex… CONTINUE READING
BETA

Figures, Tables, and Topics from this paper.

Citations

Publications citing this paper.

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
SHOWING 1-6 OF 6 REFERENCES

Hospital for the Ruptured and Crippled. A historical sketch written on the occasion of the seventyfifth anniversary of the hospital

F Beekman
  • Privately printed,
  • 1939
VIEW 2 EXCERPTS

Reminiscences of the orthopedic surgeons of the latter half of the nineteenth century

VP Gibney
  • N Y Med J XCV
  • 1912
VIEW 2 EXCERPTS

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…