Successful removal of indigested shell using a rigid esophagoscope and a pneumatic lithotriptor.

Abstract

Foreign body ingestion is a commonly encountered clinical problem in pediatric emergency cases. The authors report a case of an esophageal foreign body caused by the accidental ingestion of a shell in an 8-month-old girl. Endoscopic removal was attempted but failed because of the sharp margin of the shell and caused it to be deeply impacted into the… (More)
DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2009.01.061

Topics

Figures and Tables

Sorry, we couldn't extract any figures or tables for this paper.