Statistical analysis of nonmonotonic dose-response relationships: research design and analysis of nasal cell proliferation in rats exposed to formaldehyde.

@article{Gaylor2004StatisticalAO,
  title={Statistical analysis of nonmonotonic dose-response relationships: research design and analysis of nasal cell proliferation in rats exposed to formaldehyde.},
  author={David W. Gaylor and Werner K. Lutz and Rory B. Conolly},
  journal={Toxicological sciences : an official journal of the Society of Toxicology},
  year={2004},
  volume={77 1},
  pages={158-64}
}
Statistical analyses of nonmonotonic dose-response curves are proposed, experimental designs to detect low-dose effects of J-shaped curves are suggested, and sample sizes are provided. For quantal data such as cancer incidence rates, much larger numbers of animals are required than for continuous data such as biomarker measurements. For example, 155 animals per dose group are required to have at least an 80% chance of detecting a decrease from a 20% incidence in controls to an incidence of 10… CONTINUE READING
7 Citations
11 References
Similar Papers

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 11 references

A simple, sequentially rejective-multiple test procedure

  • S. Holm
  • Scand. J. Stat. 6, 65–70.
  • 1979
Highly Influential
5 Excerpts

Formaldehyde: Hazard Characterization and Dose-Response Assessment for Carcinogenicity by the Route of Inhalation

  • CIIT
  • CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research…
  • 1999
1 Excerpt

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…