By KENNETH McLEOD, A.M., M.D., L.R.C.S.E., Civil Assistant-Subgeon, Jessore. As the following case strongly confirms the observations and remarks of Dr. E. Bona via in the last number of the Indian Medical Gazette, I place it -on record without comment. B. N. B., a young man of good caste and well educated, contracted syphilis, and took the disgrace of it so much to heart, that on the 8th instant he purchased and swallowed half a tolah (90 grs.) of arsenious acid. This happened about 2 p. m. The usual symptoms of irritant poisoning ensued. He exhibited symptoms of collapse about 10 p.m., and died at 4 a.m. next morning, fourteen hours after taking the poison. He was examined on the 9th at 8 a.m.