Sequence of the canine major histocompatibility complex region containing non-classical class I genes.

Abstract

We have sequenced a segment of 150,102 nucleotides of canine major histocompatibility complex (MHC) DNA, corresponding to the junction of the class I and class III regions. The distal portion contained five class III genes including two tumor necrosis factor genes and the proximal portion contained five genes or pseudogenes belonging to the class I region. The order of the class III region genes was conserved as in the porcine and human MHC regions. The order of the class Ib loci from the proximal side outwards was DLA-53, DLA-12a, DLA-64, stress-induced phosphoprotein-1, followed by DLA-12. Only DLA-64 and DLA-12 display an overall predicted protein sequence compatible with the expression of membrane-anchored glycoproteins. The other class 1b loci do not appear to be functional by sequence analysis. In all, these 10 genes spanned 24% of the total sequence. The remaining 76% comprised of a number of non-coding and repetitive DNA elements including long interspersed nuclear element (LINE) fragments, short interspersed nuclear elements (SINE), and microsatellites.

Statistics

05001000150020072008200920102011201220132014201520162017
Citations per Year

1,146 Citations

Semantic Scholar estimates that this publication has 1,146 citations based on the available data.

See our FAQ for additional information.

Cite this paper

@article{Wagner2005SequenceOT, title={Sequence of the canine major histocompatibility complex region containing non-classical class I genes.}, author={J L Wagner and Yniv Palti and D DiDario and Juliette H Faraco}, journal={Tissue antigens}, year={2005}, volume={65 6}, pages={549-55} }