Reduced recombination and paternal age effect in Klinefelter syndrome

@article{LordaSnchez1992ReducedRA,
  title={Reduced recombination and paternal age effect in Klinefelter syndrome},
  author={Isabel Lorda-S{\'a}nchez and Franz Binkert and Marco Maechler and Wendy P. Robinson and Albert A G L Schinzel},
  journal={Human Genetics},
  year={1992},
  volume={89},
  pages={524-530}
}
The parental origin of the additional sex chromosome was studied in 47 cases with an XXY sex chromosome consitution. In 23 cases (49%), the error occurred during the first paternal meiotic division. Maternal origin of the additional chromosome was found in the remaining 24 cases (51%). Centromeric homo- versus heterozygosity could be determined in 18 out of the 24 maternally derived cases. According to the centromeric status and recombination rate, the nondisjunction was attributable in 9 cases… CONTINUE READING
32 Citations
22 References
Similar Papers

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 32 extracted citations

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 22 references

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…