How does fake news spread? Understanding pathways of disinformation spread through APIs
- Computer SciencePolicy & Internet
How the stages in the framework were activated during the 2016 US Presidential Elections are highlighted, before providing policy recommendations for issues relating to access to APIs, algorithmic content, advertisements, and suggest rapid response to coordinate campaigns.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 19 REFERENCES
Joint Research Report, Detector Media
- Kyiv, at https://www.scribd. com/document/358699813/Kremlin-Influence-Index2017#from_embed (accessed 3 September 2018).
Information Security Doctrine of the Russian Federation (unofficial translation), 9 September, at https://info
- publicintelligence.net/RU-InformationSecurity-2000.pdf (accessed 3 September 2018).
Fortress Russia. Conspiracy Theories in Post-Soviet Russia
- EconomicsEurope-Asia Studies
Does Russia Have a Gerasimov Doctrine?
- Political ScienceThe US Army War College Quarterly: Parameters
ABSTRACT: This article questions the hasty rush to label Moscow's actions in Ukraine and Donbas as proof of an alleged adoption of "hybrid warfare," and raises issues concerning Russia's capacity to…
How can European states respond to Russian information warfare? An analytical framework
ABSTRACT How can European democratic states respond to Russian information warfare? This article aims to enable and spur systematic research of how democracies can respond to the spread of distorted…
Russia’s strategy for influence through public diplomacy and active measures: the Swedish case
- Political Science
ABSTRACT Russia, as many contemporary states, takes public diplomacy seriously. Since the inception of its English language TV network Russia Today in 2005 (now ‘RT’), the Russian government has…
Strategic Narratives: Communication Power and the New World Order
1. Introduction. 2. Actors in Strategic Narratives. 3. Strategic Narratives of International Order. 4. Contestation. 5.Information Infrastructure. 6. Conclusions: Thinking Ahead.
Dominant Narratives in Russian Political and Media Discourse during the Ukraine Crisis
- Political Science
The Russian leadership views mass communication as a crucial arena of global politics, in which rival powers work to undermine each other and further their own interests at others’ expense. The…