Protein Electrophoresis in Saliva Study

@inproceedings{Lamy2012ProteinEI,
  title={Protein Electrophoresis in Saliva Study},
  author={Elsa Lamy and Ana Rute Costa and C{\'e}lia Maria Miguel Antunes and Rui Vitorino and Francisco Vega Amado},
  year={2012}
}
Saliva started for been less studied than other body fluids, but in the last years it has being receiving an increased attention. Until now, more than 2000 different proteins and peptides have been identified in whole saliva and salivary glandular secretions [1]. From these, more than 90% derive from the secretion of the three pairs of “major” salivary glands (parotid, submandibular and sublingual glands). The remaining 10% derives from “minor” salivary glands and from extra-glandular sources… CONTINUE READING

Similar Papers

Topics from this paper.

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 110 REFERENCES

The salivary proteome: challenges and perspectives.

  • Proteomics. Clinical applications
  • 2011
VIEW 5 EXCERPTS
HIGHLY INFLUENTIAL

Glycoprofiling of the Human Salivary Proteome

  • Clinical Proteomics
  • 2008
VIEW 3 EXCERPTS
HIGHLY INFLUENTIAL