Presenilin function in APP processing.

@article{Annaert2000PresenilinFI,
  title={Presenilin function in APP processing.},
  author={Willem G. Annaert and Philippe Cupers and Paul Saftig and Bart De Strooper},
  journal={Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences},
  year={2000},
  volume={920},
  pages={
          158-64
        }
}
Familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD) is now linked to at least three genes encoding the amyloid precursor protein (APP) on chromosome 21, and presenilin 1 and 2 on chromosome 14 and 1, respectively. FAD cases in whom presenilin mutations occur are more frequent than those with APP mutations. However, altogether they only account for approximately 0.1% of all the people suffering from Alzheimer's disease (AD), and the causes of the remaining 99.9% of the sporadic form of AD or senile dementia… CONTINUE READING

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
SHOWING 1-9 OF 9 CITATIONS

Cellular reprogramming: A new way to understand aging mechanisms.

  • Wiley interdisciplinary reviews. Developmental biology
  • 2018
VIEW 2 EXCERPTS
CITES BACKGROUND

Genetic studies in Alzheimer's disease

  • Dialogues in clinical neuroscience
  • 2003
VIEW 1 EXCERPT
CITES BACKGROUND