Predicting the risk of perioperative mortality in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy: a novel scoring system.

@article{Venkat2011PredictingTR,
  title={Predicting the risk of perioperative mortality in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy: a novel scoring system.},
  author={Raghunandan Venkat and Milo Alan Puhan and Richard David Schulick and John L. Cameron and Frederic E. Eckhauser and Michael A. Choti and Martin A. Makary and Timothy M Pawlik and Nita Ahuja and Barish H. Edil and Christopher L. Wolfgang},
  journal={Archives of surgery},
  year={2011},
  volume={146 11},
  pages={1277-84}
}
OBJECTIVE To develop and validate a risk score to predict the 30- and 90-day mortality after a pancreaticoduodenectomy or total pancreatectomy on the basis of preoperative risk factors in a high-volume program. DESIGN Data from a prospectively maintained institutional database were collected. In a random subset of 70% of patients (training cohort), multivariate logistic regression was used to develop a simple integer score, which was then validated in the remaining 30% of patients (validation… CONTINUE READING