Plasma alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) levels and tocopherol-lipid ratio among children with protein-energy malnutrition (PEM).

@article{Laditan1982PlasmaA,
  title={Plasma alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) levels and tocopherol-lipid ratio among children with protein-energy malnutrition (PEM).},
  author={Adewale A.O. Laditan and S. I. Ette},
  journal={Annals of tropical paediatrics},
  year={1982},
  volume={2 2},
  pages={
          85-8
        }
}
The fat-soluble vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) status of 47 malnourished children was assessed and compared with that of a control group of ten age-matched normal children. Plasma levels of alpha-tocopherol, total lipid and the ratio of alpha-tocopherol to total lipid were determined. The plasma vitamin E level was low, with a value of less than 11.61 mumol/l (500 micrograms/dl) in 40 (85%) of the malnourished children while the remaining seven (15%) children had values that ranged between 11.61… CONTINUE READING
BETA

Citations

Publications citing this paper.

Vitamin E status in protein energy malnutrition

  • Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry
  • 1997
VIEW 1 EXCERPT
CITES BACKGROUND

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…