POISONING BY CORTINARIUS SPECIOSISSIMUS

@article{Short1980POISONINGBC,
  title={POISONING BY CORTINARIUS SPECIOSISSIMUS},
  author={A. K. Short and Roy Watling and MaryK Macdonald and JamesS Robson},
  journal={The Lancet},
  year={1980},
  volume={316},
  pages={942-944}
}
Severe renal failure caused by the mushroom Cortinarius speciosissimus was first recognised in 1972 and has been reported only from Scandinavia. In the summer of 1979 and following the consumption of the wild mushroom in Scotland, three previously healthy young adults developed the recognised features of cortinarius poisoning-namely, gastrointestinal upset after 36-38h, followed by nausea, anorexia, headache, rigors, severe burning thirst, muscle aching, and oliguria. One patient had a diuresis… CONTINUE READING

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 16 CITATIONS

Mushroom poisoning caused by species of the genus Cortinarius fries

  • Archives of Toxicology
  • 1983
VIEW 6 EXCERPTS
CITES BACKGROUND
HIGHLY INFLUENCED