Nitrate poisoning in cattle fed Chenopodium album hay.

Abstract

Three cows fed Chenopodium album hay died 30 min after showing ataxia, bluish-brown mucous membranes, rapid and difficult breathing, increased heart rates, tremors and coma. Brown-colored and badly coagulated blood was the prominent necropsy finding. Slight pulmonary edema was prominent and all visceral organs were hyperemic. The hay contained 2,500 ppm… (More)

Topics

Cite this paper

@article{Ozmen2003NitratePI, title={Nitrate poisoning in cattle fed Chenopodium album hay.}, author={Ozlem Ozmen and Firdevs Mor and Unsal Ayhan}, journal={Veterinary and human toxicology}, year={2003}, volume={45 2}, pages={83-4} }