Microsurgical posterior fossa exploration for trigeminal neuralgia: a study on 48 cases.

@article{Delitala2001MicrosurgicalPF,
  title={Microsurgical posterior fossa exploration for trigeminal neuralgia: a study on 48 cases.},
  author={A. M. S. Delitala and Andrea Brunori and Francesco Chiappetta},
  journal={Minimally invasive neurosurgery : MIN},
  year={2001},
  volume={44 3},
  pages={152-6}
}
The authors present their experience in the microsurgical treatment of trigeminal neuralgia (TGN). Over the last five years 48 patients were explored and 34 (71 %) underwent microvascular decompression (MVD) for significant arterial or venous conflicts. The remaining 14 patients (29 %) underwent partial sensory rhizotomy (PSR) because of negative intraoperative findings (simple contact or no conflict). Excellent or good immediate outcomes were achieved in 87.5 and 12.5 % of patients… CONTINUE READING