Mercury hypersensitivity from amalgam: report of case.

@article{Ulukapi1995MercuryHF,
  title={Mercury hypersensitivity from amalgam: report of case.},
  author={Işin Ulukapi},
  journal={ASDC journal of dentistry for children},
  year={1995},
  volume={62 5},
  pages={
          363-4
        }
}
  • Işin Ulukapi
  • Published in ASDC journal of dentistry for children 1995
Mercury hypersensitivity is an allergic response mediated by the immune system. allergic reactions to mercury and other constituents of amalgam have been documented, but are very rare. The common symptoms are dermatitis, eczema, urticaria, erythema, edema and itching, occurring primarily on the face, neck, limbs and upper torso. In this paper an interesting case of mercury hypersensitivity is investigated and discussed.