Longitudinal strain predicts left ventricular mass regression after aortic valve replacement for severe aortic stenosis and preserved left ventricular function

@article{Gelsomino2012LongitudinalSP,
  title={Longitudinal strain predicts left ventricular mass regression after aortic valve replacement for severe aortic stenosis and preserved left ventricular function},
  author={Sandro Gelsomino and Fabiana De Luca and Orlando Parise and Roberto Lorusso and Carmelo Massimiliano Rao and Enrico Vizzardi and Gian Franco Gensini and Jos G. Maessen},
  journal={Heart and Vessels},
  year={2012},
  volume={28},
  pages={775-784}
}
We explored the influence of global longitudinal strain (GLS) measured with two-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography on left ventricular mass regression (LVMR) in patients with pure aortic stenosis (AS) and normal left ventricular function undergoing aortic valve replacement (AVR). The study population included 83 patients with severe AS (aortic valve area <1 cm2) treated with AVR. Bioprostheses were implanted in 58 patients (69.8 %), and the 25 remaining patients (30.2 %) received… CONTINUE READING

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 12 extracted citations

Assessment of reverse remodeling predicted by myocardial deformation on tissue tracking in patients with severe aortic stenosis: a cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging study

Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance • 2017
View 1 Excerpt

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 51 references

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…