Long-term evaluation (12 to 22 years) of open heart surgery for tetralogy of Fallot.

Abstract

Four hundred seventy-five patients underwent repair of tetralogy of Fallot from 1955 to 1964; 396 of these were hospital survivors and were followed up for 12 to 22 years. An excellent late clinical result was maintained by 87 percent of the 396 hospital survivors. A less than excellent result in the remaining 13 percent of hospital survivors was caused by… (More)

Topics

Cite this paper

@article{Fuster1980LongtermE, title={Long-term evaluation (12 to 22 years) of open heart surgery for tetralogy of Fallot.}, author={Valentin Fuster and Dwight C. McGoon and Martin A Kennedy and D. Ritter and James Kirklin}, journal={The American journal of cardiology}, year={1980}, volume={46 4}, pages={635-42} }