Inhibition of telomerase induces alternative lengthening of telomeres during human esophageal carcinogenesis.

@article{Queisser2013InhibitionOT,
  title={Inhibition of telomerase induces alternative lengthening of telomeres during human esophageal carcinogenesis.},
  author={Angela Queisser and Steffen Heeg and Michaela Thaler and Alexander von Werder and Oliver G. Opitz},
  journal={Cancer genetics},
  year={2013},
  volume={206 11},
  pages={374-86}
}
Immortalization is an important step toward the malignant transformation of human cells and is critically dependent upon telomere maintenance. Two mechanisms are known to maintain human telomeres. The process of telomere maintenance is either mediated through activation of the enzyme telomerase or through an alternative mechanism of telomere lengthening called alternative lengthening of telomeres (ALT). Whereas 85% of all human tumors show reactivation of telomerase, the remaining 15% are able… CONTINUE READING

From This Paper

Topics from this paper.

Citations

Publications citing this paper.

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…