Ingestion of metallic rods and needles.


Foreign bodies in gastrointestinal tract (GIT) are not very rare. This case describes a patient purposefully swallowing metallic objects. These were five iron rods ranging 4-5 inches in length, and two needles. One of the rod perforated duodenum and was found in pelvic cavity upon exploration. The rest of the rods were in small gut and stomach.

Cite this paper

@article{Khan2006IngestionOM, title={Ingestion of metallic rods and needles.}, author={Abdus Samad Khan and Usman Ali}, journal={Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons--Pakistan : JCPSP}, year={2006}, volume={16 4}, pages={305-6} }