In reference to wire grill brush bristle as an unusual foreign body: report of two pediatric cases.

Abstract

Wire grill brushes are commonly used for cleaning grill grates. Accidental ingestion of a wire bristle from a grill-cleaning brush is a rarely reported foreign body, with only three prior case reports. Although scarce in the literature, we encountered two pediatric cases at the regional children's hospital within 1 year. By presenting these two cases, our goal was to raise awareness of this potentially hazardous foreign body. Additionally, we raise a consumer safety issue associated with the use of wire grill-cleaning brushes as there are currently no ingestion hazard warnings on these products. Laryngoscope,, 2011.

DOI: 10.1002/lary.23559

Cite this paper

@article{Sharma2012InRT, title={In reference to wire grill brush bristle as an unusual foreign body: report of two pediatric cases.}, author={Ayushman Sharma and Jan Casimir Groblewski and Daniel W Flis}, journal={The Laryngoscope}, year={2012}, volume={122 3}, pages={685-7} }