Tick induced facial nerve paresis
- MedicineAustralian Journal of Otolaryngology
Careful examination of the face, scalp and EAC should be conducted in patients presenting with otalgia and facial nerve palsy, particularly in tropical areas, to exclude the possibility of tick infestation.
Global View on Ant Venom Allergy: from Allergenic Components to Clinical Management
- Medicine, BiologyClinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology
A global view on allergic reactions to the venoms of stinging ants and the contemporary approach to diagnose and manage ant venom allergy is provided.
Tick‐induced allergies: mammalian meat allergy and tick anaphylaxis
- Medicine, BiologyThe Medical journal of Australia
Mammalian meat allergy after tick bites and tick anaphylaxis are the most serious tick-induced allergies, and Mechanisms in the development of mammalian meat allergy constitute a paradigm for how allergies might arise.
Anaphylaxis to bull dog ant and jumper ant stings around Perth, Western Australia
- Political Science, MedicineEmergency medicine Australasia : EMA
Objective: To determine the main causative species, reaction characteristics and geographical locations of ant sting anaphylaxis around Perth, Western Australia (WA).
Adverse reactions to ants other than imported fire ants.
- BiologyAnnals of allergy, asthma & immunology : official publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology
Prevention of anaphylaxis with ant venom immunotherapy
- Medicine, BiologyCurrent opinion in allergy and clinical immunology
Ant venom immunotherapy is feasible and highly efficacious, however, the limited geographical distribution of each species presents a major challenge to making venom extracts available for clinical use.
Ant sting mortality in Australia.
- MedicineToxicon : official journal of the International Society on Toxinology