Frostbite of the face after recreational misuse of nitrous oxide.

Abstract

Exposure of the skin to nitrous oxide, a liquified gas stored under pressure in a cylinder, can occur in anaesthesiologists and in those involved in recreational misuse of the gas. A case is reported of a man who presented to the emergency department after sniffing nitrous oxide and sustaining frostbite injury to his left cheek. Conservative management of this injury allowed spontaneous separation of the necrotic tissue and healing of the granulating wound by contraction.

Cite this paper

@article{Hwang1996FrostbiteOT, title={Frostbite of the face after recreational misuse of nitrous oxide.}, author={Jae Chul Hwang and Harvey N Himel and Richard F. Edlich}, journal={Burns : journal of the International Society for Burn Injuries}, year={1996}, volume={22 2}, pages={152-3} }