Free oligosaccharides in the cytosol of Caenorhabditis elegans are generated through endoplasmic reticulum-golgi trafficking.

@article{Kato2007FreeOI,
  title={Free oligosaccharides in the cytosol of Caenorhabditis elegans are generated through endoplasmic reticulum-golgi trafficking.},
  author={Toshihiko Kato and Kumiko Kitamura and Megumi Maeda and Yoshinobu Kimura and Takane Katayama and Hisashi Ashida and Kenji Yamamoto},
  journal={The Journal of biological chemistry},
  year={2007},
  volume={282 30},
  pages={22080-8}
}
Free oligosaccharides (FOSs) in the cytosol of eukaryotic cells are mainly generated during endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation (ERAD) of misfolded glycoproteins. We analyzed FOS of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans to elucidate its detailed degradation pathway. The major FOSs were high mannose-type ones bearing 3-9 Man residues. About 94% of the total FOSs had one GlcNAc at their reducing end (FOS-GN1), and the remaining 6% had two GlcNAc (FOS-GN2). A cytosolic endo-beta-N… CONTINUE READING

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 14 extracted citations

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…