Corpus ID: 131311912

Fluoride Levels in Drinking Water from Nine Study Sites in Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah

@inproceedings{Kamil2010FluorideLI,
  title={Fluoride Levels in Drinking Water from Nine Study Sites in Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah},
  author={Yusuf Mohd Kamil and Mohamed Ismail and R Mohammad Firuz and M. Yunus and J Irwan and Mohd Izam Syah},
  year={2010}
}
Drinking water from nine areas in Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah were analysed for fluoride. A total of 2067 drinking water samples from 689 households were collected and analysed using a direct reading spectrophotometer model DR/2010 HACH Brand. Water samples from Seri Serdang, Selangor had the highest mean fluoride level, at 0.71 + s.d 0.12 mg/L, while water samples from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah had the lowest mean fluoride level, at 0.08 + s.d 0.06 mg/L. This is the result of non-fluoridation of… Expand
1 Citations

Figures and Tables from this paper

A CROSS-SECTIONAL STUDY ON FLUORIDE IN DRINKING WATER AND URINE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN PUTRAJAYA
TLDR
The level of fluoride in drinking water for area of Putrajaya Presint 14 was still in optimal range but the authorities should monitored it regularly because there were some readings that lower or higher than the standard. Expand

References

SHOWING 1-7 OF 7 REFERENCES
A map of natural fluoride in drinking water in Pakistan.
TLDR
For the majority of the population in Pakistan there is a clear indication for use of alternate sources of fluoride to ensure optimal intake necessary for the control of dental caries. Expand
FLUORIDE CONTAMINATION OF GROUNDWATER AND ITS IMPACTS ON HUMAN HEALTH IN INNER MONGOLIA AREA
An investigation was conducted on fluoride contamination of groundwater and its impacts on human health in a rural district of Togtoh County, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China. As a result ofExpand
Fluoride Content in Drinking Water Supplies of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Groundwater supplies about 34% ofthe total water demand for the capital city of SaudiArabia, Riyadh. The other 66% is desalinatedseawater. The fluoride level in Riyadh drinking watersupplies wasExpand
Dental fluorosis and caries prevalence in children residing in communities with different levels of fluoride in the water.
TLDR
The results indicate that fluorosis does occur in optimally and negligibly fluoridated communities, albeit in its milder forms, and children ingesting water containing 1 ppm fluoride continue to derive caries protection compared to children ingested with negligible amounts of fluoride. Expand
A new method for assessing the prevalence of dental fluorosis--the Tooth Surface Index of Fluorosis.
TLDR
Differences in fluorosis based on maximum score for all tooth surfaces in a child were statistically significant (an extended chi 2 statistic) among all communities. Expand
Fluoride in control of dental caries
  • Int. Dent. J. 4:311-77
  • 1954
Wide variations of fluoride supply to infants and young children
  • Pediatr . Dent .
  • 1971