Fatal propylene glycol toxicosis in a horse.

@article{Dorman1991FatalPG,
  title={Fatal propylene glycol toxicosis in a horse.},
  author={David Dorman and Wanda M. Haschek},
  journal={Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association},
  year={1991},
  volume={198 9},
  pages={1643-4}
}
Toxicosis attributable to propylene glycol (1,2-propanediol) was suspected in an 8-year-old 450- to 500-kg male Quarter Horse. Clinical signs of toxicosis developed within 15 minutes of the accidental iatrogenic oral administration of 3.8 L of propylene glycol. Clinical signs of toxicosis included salivation, sweating, ataxia, and signs of pain… CONTINUE READING