Fatal infection due to Haemophilus parasuis in a young wild boar (Sus scrofa).

@article{Gerveno2013FatalID,
  title={Fatal infection due to Haemophilus parasuis in a young wild boar (Sus scrofa).},
  author={Jes{\'u}s Mar{\'i}a Cuesta Gerveno and David Risco P{\'e}rez and Pilar Gonçalves Blanco and Waldo L Garc{\'i}a Jim{\'e}nez and Mar{\'i}a Gil Molino and Pedro Fern{\'a}ndez-Llario and Javier Hermoso de Mendoza Salcedo and Luis J G{\'o}mez Gordo},
  journal={Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc},
  year={2013},
  volume={25 2},
  pages={
          297-300
        }
}
Haemophilus parasuis is a recognized pathogen in domestic pigs; the pathogen has been also isolated from healthy wild boar (Sus scrofa). In the current report, a case of fatal H. parasuis infection in a wild boar piglet from central Spain is described. The affected animal presented severe pneumonic lesions, inflammation in tarsal joints with presence of fibrinous deposits, and epidural hemorrhage in the atlanto-occipital joint. Pure growth of H. parasuis was obtained from lungs and tarsal… CONTINUE READING
BETA

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
SHOWING 1-10 OF 22 REFERENCES

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…