Ex vivo canine vocal fold lamina propria rehydration after varying dehydration levels.

@article{Hanson2011ExVC,
  title={Ex vivo canine vocal fold lamina propria rehydration after varying dehydration levels.},
  author={Kevin P Hanson and Yu Zhang and Jack J. Jiang},
  journal={Journal of voice : official journal of the Voice Foundation},
  year={2011},
  volume={25 6},
  pages={657-62}
}
OBJECTIVES To examine the recoverability of canine vocal fold (VF) lamina propria (LP) on rehydration from varying dehydration levels. STUDY DESIGN Open, controlled experimental trial. METHODS The VF LP was excised en bloc using a scalpel from 10 canine larynges, providing 20 tissue samples. The initial volume of each sample was measured. Ten samples were dehydrated to 30% by mass and the other 10 samples to 70%. Each sample was rehydrated in 0.9% saline until the mass stabilized. The… CONTINUE READING

From This Paper

Topics from this paper.
5 Citations
0 References
Similar Papers