Erythropoiesis and the induction of micronuclei in mouse spleen determined by flow cytometry.


Erythrocytes from the spleen of CBA mice have been prepared for analyses by flow cytometry. About 80% of the polychromatic erythrocytes (PCE) in the spleen originate from erythropoiesis in the spleen, while the remaining 20% come from the peripheral blood. Analyses of the RNA content of PCE revealed that splenic PCE do not mature into normochromatic… (More)