Effects of black cumin (Nigella sativa) oil on ammonia and biogenic amine production in rainbow trout
In the present study, 0.00% (control), 0.10%, 0.40%, 0.70%, 1.00% and 1.30% black cumin oil was added to rainbow trout feed and the fish were fed for 120 days. Following the feeding period, the… Expand
Cholesterol photosensitized oxidation in food and biological systems.
- Chemistry, Medicine
An overall and critical picture of cholesterol photosensitized oxidation in food and biological systems, and its possible impact on human health and well-being is provided. Expand
Clinicopathological studies on some antibiotics used in Nile tilapia infected with Streptoccocus iniae
The hematological results showed a significant decrease in RBCs counts, Hb content and PCV and a leukocytosis with neutrophilia in Nile tilapia infected with S. iniae, and significant changes were recorded in the immunological and biochemical parameters. Expand
SHOWING 1-10 OF 145 REFERENCES
Chemistry and biochemistry of ascorbic acid
- In: Handbook of Antioxidants (Vol 3), E. Cadenas and L. Packer (Eds.), Marcel Dekker, New York, pp 91-116.
Coenzyme Q: Its role in scavenging and generation of radicals in membranes
- In: Handbook of Antioxidants, E. Cadenas and L. Packer (Eds.), Marcel Dekker, New York, pp 157-201.
Nutritional and health aspects of food antioxidants
- In: Food Antioxidants. Technological, Toxicological, and Health Perspectives, D.L. Madhavi, S.S. Deshpande and D.K. Salunkhe (Eds.), Marcel Dekker, New York, pp 361-470.
Polyamines in food and their consequences for food quality and human health
Although the bioavailability and the mechanism of the uptake of polyamine in the gastrointestinal tract are not fully established, it is evident that at least some proportion of the polyamines in the diet can be absorbed and utilized by the body. Expand
The Mechanism of Antioxidant Action in Vitro
The spontaneous reaction of atmospheric oxygen with organic compounds leads to a number of degradative changes that reduce the lifetime of many products of interest to the chemical industry,… Expand
Lipid peroxidation: a radical chain reaction
- In: Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine, 2nd ed., Clarendon Press, Oxford, pp 188276.
- In: Marine Biogenic Lipids, Fats, and Oils. Vol. I, R. G. Ackman (Ed.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, pp 251388.