Corpus ID: 800737

Embedding Soft processor based USB device driver on FPGA

@inproceedings{Pujari2011EmbeddingSP,
  title={Embedding Soft processor based USB device driver on FPGA},
  author={Prof. Shashank Pujari},
  year={2011}
}
Embedding a System on a Programmable Chip with in the constraint of available resources brings out ingenuity of a SoPC designer. The paper covers an efficient Soft processor based USB communication device driver implementation on FPGA using a 10% foot print so as to set aside the rest 90% of the logic resources of the programmable chip for other compute and control intensive tasks. Using a Soft processor on FPGA to interface a peripheral is a convenient choice so that the task of the device… Expand

Figures and Tables from this paper

Standalone Command Processor - Onchip Peripheral control and arbiteration
There are many soft-core processors or microcontroller available in contemporary technological world. Many of those when used for and on-chip peripheral control and arbitration are either tend toExpand
Architecting model based design algorithm on heterogeneous platforms: Case study: Simple miniature DC motor closed Loop speed control system
TLDR
This paper investigates the applicability of the Model based Hardware in the Loop (HIL) design approach in exploring suitable algorithm and then the realization of the algorithm on a variety of hardware platforms covering Microcontroller, FPGA and System On Programmable Chip (SoPC). Expand

References

SHOWING 1-5 OF 5 REFERENCES
Platform Independent 8-bit Soft-core for SoPC
the theme of this paper is to have a platform independent 8-bit soft core. Paper speaks about implementation of the Picoblaze Processor, a 8-bit soft processor core from Xilinx Inc. on FPGA platformsExpand
Manish Patil -Platform Independent 8-bit Soft core for SoPC‖, International Multiconference of Engineers and Computer Scientists
    Technical specs of Xilinx FPGA Spartan 3
    • Technical specs of Xilinx FPGA Spartan 3
    USB 2.0 standard specification
      Xilinx ISE 7.2, Chipscope & Modelsim tools manuals