Effects of feeding forage soybean silage on milk production, nutrient digestion, and ruminal fermentation of lactating dairy cows.

@article{VargasBelloPrez2008EffectsOF,
  title={Effects of feeding forage soybean silage on milk production, nutrient digestion, and ruminal fermentation of lactating dairy cows.},
  author={Einar Vargas-Bello-P{\'e}rez and Arif F. Mustafa and Philippe Seguin},
  journal={Journal of dairy science},
  year={2008},
  volume={91 1},
  pages={
          229-35
        }
}
The objective of this study was to determine the feeding value of forage soybean silage (SS) for dairy cows relative to a fourth-cut alfalfa silage (AS). Forage soybean was harvested at full pod stage. Two isonitrogenous diets were formulated with a 48:52 forage:concentrate ratio. Soybean silage and AS constituted 72% of the forage in each diet, with corn silage constituting the remaining 28%. Twenty Holsteins cows in early lactation were used in a switchback design. Four lactating Holsteins… CONTINUE READING