Ectopic pregnancy; early diagnosis, clinical errors and conservative operation.

@article{Tompkins1958EctopicPE,
  title={Ectopic pregnancy; early diagnosis, clinical errors and conservative operation.},
  author={Paul Tompkins},
  journal={California medicine},
  year={1958},
  volume={88 1},
  pages={27-32}
}
This report of eight years' experience with extrauterine pregnancy by a single gynecologist is an exposition of how the diagnosis was made or why it was missed. Of 26 diagnoses of ectopic pregnancy, five were false (20 per cent); and in three cases (10 per cent) the diagnosis was not made promptly-a total error of 30 per cent. Ectopic pregnancy will be discovered earlier if obstetric patients are always examined shortly after missing the first menstrual period.A palpable adnexal mass was… CONTINUE READING