Delinquent Behavior: Systematic Review of Genetic and Environmental Risk Factors.

  title={Delinquent Behavior: Systematic Review of Genetic and Environmental Risk Factors.},
  author={Andreia Alexandra Cunha Azeredo and Diana Moreira and Patr{\'i}cia Figueiredo and Fernando Barbosa},
  journal={Clinical child and family psychology review},
Delinquency refers to a juveniles' behavior pattern characterized by repeated offending, and is regarded mainly in its social, but also criminal aspects. Delinquent and non-delinquent individuals may be a product of the same society or even the same family. Young individuals who are unable to find affection and protection within the family may become more susceptible to delinquency as a form of empowerment. More than socioeconomic conditions, the lack of interaction between parents and children… 
Forensic Value of Genetic Variants Associated with Anti-Social Behavior
Despite some genetic variants being able to influence several cognitive processes, there is currently no evidence that carriers of these mutations are, per se, incapable of intentionally committing crimes.
Social Support and Drug Abstention Motivation among Chinese Male Drug Addicts: A Moderated Mediation Model of Self-Control and Sensation-Seeking
The goal of this study is to examine how social support affects Chinese male drug addicts’ abstention motivation. To elucidate the mechanism as well as the boundary condition of the aforesaid
Superethics Instead of Superintelligence: Know Thyself, and Apply Science Accordingly
Abstract The human species is combining an increased understanding of our cognitive machinery with the development of a technology that can profoundly influence our lives and our ways of living


Parental divorce and adolescent delinquency: ruling out the impact of common genes.
It is suggested that it is the experience of parental divorce, and not common genes, that drives the association between divorce and adolescent delinquency, and this association should not vary by adoption status.
Gene by Social-Environment Interaction for Youth Delinquency and Violence: Thirty-Nine Aggression-Related Genes
  • Hexuan Liu, Yi Li, G. Guo
  • Psychology
    Social forces; a scientific medium of social study and interpretation
  • 2015
Examination of the relationship between 403 genetic variants from 39 genes and youth delinquency and violence finds evidence that low social control is associated with greater genetic risk for delinquencies and violence and high/moderate social control with smaller genetic risk.
Stability of Delinquent Peer Associations
The study of delinquent peers has remained at the forefront of much criminological research and theorizing. One issue of particular importance involves the factors related to why people associate
Different Slopes for Different Folks: Genetic Influences on Growth in Delinquent Peer Association and Delinquency During Adolescence
Examination of a subsample of kinship pairs from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth—Child and Young Adult Supplement revealed that 37 % of the variance in correlated growth between delinquent peer pressure and self-reported delinquency was explained by additive genetic effects, while nonshared environmental effects accounted for the remaining 63 %.
Environmental Moderators of Genetic Influences on Adolescent Delinquent Involvement and Victimization
A growing body of empirical research reveals that genetic factors account for a substantial amount of variance in measures of antisocial behaviors. At the same time, evidence is also emerging
Considering the Genetic and Environmental Overlap Between Bullying Victimization, Delinquency, and Symptoms of Depression/Anxiety
Using sibling data from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997, a series of bivariate liability-threshold models are used to disentangle the genetic and environmental influences on observed covariance between repeated bullying victimization, delinquent involvement, and symptoms of depression/anxiety.
Resilience and Vulnerability in Adolescents: Genetic Influences on Differential Response to Risk for Delinquency
The results indicate that additive genetic and unique environmental factors significantly contribute to variation in responses to cumulative risk across 14 risk factors spanning individual, familial, and environmental domains.
Gene—Environment Interplay and Delinquent Involvement
Behavioral genetic research has revealed that biogenic factors play a role in the development of antisocial behaviors. Much of this research has also explicated the way in which the environment and
Findings gleaned from behavioral genetic research have revealed that nonshared environments are particularly important sources of behavioral variation. Surprisingly little criminological research has