Contact allergy to propylene glycol. Do we use the appropriate test concentration?

Abstract

The authors describe a case in which contact allergy to propylene glycol would have been missed if a concentration higher than 10 per cent in water had not been used for patch testing. They suggest raising the patch-test concentration to at least 20 per cent and using 50 or even 100 per cent in doubtful cases, although cautioning that further experience… (More)

Topics

Cite this paper

@article{Frosch1990ContactAT, title={Contact allergy to propylene glycol. Do we use the appropriate test concentration?}, author={Peter J Frosch and U Pekar and Harald H. Enzmann}, journal={Dermatologic clinics}, year={1990}, volume={8 1}, pages={111-3} }