Component Composition of Gentamicin Sulfate Preparations

@article{Vydrin2004ComponentCO,
  title={Component Composition of Gentamicin Sulfate Preparations},
  author={A. Vydrin and I. V. Shikhaleev and V. L. Makhortov and N. N. Shcherenko and N. V. Kolchanova},
  journal={Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal},
  year={2004},
  volume={37},
  pages={448-450}
}
  • A. Vydrin, I. V. Shikhaleev, +2 authors N. V. Kolchanova
  • Published 2004
  • Chemistry
  • Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal
  • Gentamicin sulfate is a widely used drug obtained by isolation and purification of a gentamicin complex of aminoglycoside antibiotics produced by some microorganisms. The main components of this complex are group C gentamicins, in particular, gentamicins C 1 , C 1a , and C 2 . It was reported that the these components account for about 80% of the gentamicin complex and possess approximately equal activities as antibiotics with respect to microorganisms [1]. The remaining 20% are the so-called… CONTINUE READING
    12 Citations

    Figures and Tables from this paper

    Unraveling the Gentamicin Drug Product Complexity Reveals Variation in Microbiological Activities and Nephrotoxicity
    Hydroxyapatite-alginate based matrices for drug delivery.
    • 4

    References

    SHOWING 1-2 OF 2 REFERENCES
    Navashin, Antibiotics of the Aminoglycoside Group [in Russian], Meditsina
    • Moscow
    • 1977