Codeine in mothers and children: where are we now?

Abstract

The death of a child is always a tragedy, so when it was reported that a toddler had died at home in North America following ingestion of codeine prescribed for postoperative analgesia [1], clinicians were understandably alarmed. This child was subsequently found to be what is described as an ultra-rapid metaboliser of codeine. A study in children… (More)
DOI: 10.1111/anae.12716

Topics

  • Blog articles referencing this paper

  • Presentations referencing similar topics