Beware of the flaming hairball--a brief review and warning.

@article{Raval2005BewareOT,
  title={Beware of the flaming hairball--a brief review and warning.},
  author={Mehul V. Raval and Timothy M. Weiner},
  journal={Journal of pediatric surgery},
  year={2005},
  volume={40 4},
  pages={
          E37-8
        }
}
Operating room fires are receiving increasing attention in the medical literature and in the general public. The best way to reduce these iatrogenic, sometimes devastating, events is communication and education. The authors present the case of a 14-year-old adolescent girl who had an apparent explosive event during a laparotomy for removal of a large gastric trichobezoar. This event was presumably associated with gas production under increased pressures in the gastrointestinal tract caused by… CONTINUE READING
BETA