Bacterial diversity in thermophilic aerobic sewage sludge

@article{Sonnleitner2004BacterialDI,
  title={Bacterial diversity in thermophilic aerobic sewage sludge},
  author={Bernhard Sonnleitner and Armin Fiechter},
  journal={European journal of applied microbiology and biotechnology},
  year={2004},
  volume={18},
  pages={174-180}
}
Over a 2-year period thermophilic microorganisms were isolated from an aerobic thermophilic, continuously operated sewage sludge treatment process (Altenrhein SG, CH). A representative set of isolates was characterized for microbiological and biochemical properties and compared with thermophilic reference strains. At least 95% of the isolates were characterized as extremely thermophilic Bacilli with a maximal growth temperature >70° C. The other 5% were not finally designated as Bacilli only… CONTINUE READING
10 Citations
19 References
Similar Papers

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 10 extracted citations

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 19 references

Thermophile aerobe Sporenbildner bei der biologischen Reinigung hochkonzentrierter Abwaesser

  • D yon Steldern, JCG Ottow, U Loll
  • Z Allg Mikrobiol
  • 1974
Highly Influential
3 Excerpts

Bacterial diversity in thermophilic aerobic sewage sludge I. Active biomass and fluctuations

  • B Sonnleitner, A Fiechter
  • Eur J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol
  • 1983

Taxonomic and related aspects of thermophiles within the genus Bacillus The aerobic endosporeforming bacteria : Classification and identification

  • J Wolf, RJ Sharp
  • 1981

Taxonomic and related aspects of thermophiles within the genus Bacillus. In: Berkeley RCW, Goodfellow M (eds) The aerobic endospore-forming bacteria: Classification and identification

  • J Wolf, RJ Sharp
  • 1981

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…