• Corpus ID: 17128391

Autism 2002 : Mercury , Heavy Metals ... Toxicity AUTOIMMUNE PATHOGENESIS IN AUTISM

@inproceedings{Singh2005Autism2,
  title={Autism 2002 : Mercury , Heavy Metals ... Toxicity AUTOIMMUNE PATHOGENESIS IN AUTISM},
  author={Vijendra K. Singh},
  year={2005}
}
More than one million Americans suffer from autism spectrum disorders that also include an estimated one-half million people, mainly children, with a clinical diagnosis of autism. The disorder is identified not by a specific pathology but by behavioral manifestations. It is now generally believed that genetics are likely to explain no more than 10% of all autistic cases while the remainder 90% of cases is sporadic having a non-genetic etiology, and autoimmunity has a strong prospect for finding… 

References

SHOWING 1-6 OF 6 REFERENCES
Neuro-immunopathogenesis in autism
Cytokine Regulation in Autism
TLDR
The diagnosis is made during early childhood before the age of 34 months but the affliction continues well into the adulthood, becoming a life-long disability.
Serological association of measles virus and human herpesvirus-6 with brain autoantibodies in autism.
TLDR
This study is the first to report an association between virus serology and brain autoantibody in autism; it supports the hypothesis that a virus-induced autoimmune response may play a causal role in autism.
Immunotherapy for brain diseases and mental illnesses.
  • V. Singh
  • Biology, Medicine
    Progress in drug research. Fortschritte der Arzneimittelforschung. Progres des recherches pharmaceutiques
  • 1997
TLDR
The present paper summarizes immune factors such as autoimmunity as a cornerstone of current therapies for CNS diseases, in particular multiple sclerosis (MS), Alzheimer’s disease (AD), Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and autistic syndrome (AS).
NeuroImmune Biology: New Foundation of Biology, Vol
  • 1:443-454
  • 2001