An outbreak of ammonia poisoning from chicken tenders served in a school lunch.

@article{Dworkin2004AnOO,
  title={An outbreak of ammonia poisoning from chicken tenders served in a school lunch.},
  author={Mark S. Dworkin and Alpesh A. Patel and Michelle Fennell and Michael Vollmer and Stacey M Bailey and J. Bloom and Karnail Mudahar and Roland Lucht},
  journal={Journal of food protection},
  year={2004},
  volume={67 6},
  pages={1299-302}
}
Although foodborne outbreaks of illness are relatively common, they are rarely caused by chemical agents. An outbreak of gastrointestinal illness occurred among students at two schools shortly after lunch was served. A cohort study, an environmental investigation, and microbiological and toxicological laboratory testing of food samples were performed. A case was defined as a student or teacher who ate food prepared in the kitchen at school A on 25 November 2002 (and served at schools A and B… CONTINUE READING